Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 years
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish

Jeni's Picks:
1. Drops of Gold by Sarah M. Eden: I loved this story and have read it several times. Sarah is one of my favorite authors. I'm lucky enough that she lives in my home state so I'm able to attend  her book events. This book was originally published in 2008 but  was taken out of print. It was republished in January 2013. 

2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: This one surprised me. It sat on my shelf for awhile because I was to nervous to read it. I was afraid I would hate it. I usually hate hyped up books. I can't remember why I finally picked it up to read but I loved it. The sequels were amazing and I'm patiently waiting for Winter. 

3. Me Before You by JoJo Moyes: This book was amazing. I know many people didn't like the ending but as a nurse that has taken care of quadriplegic's before, I thought the ending was well done. I might not agree with the decision but I can try and understand it. I'm looking forward to watching the movie. 

4. Counting by 7's by Holly Goldberg Sloan: We just read this for book club last month. I didn't love the ending because it was to unrealistic for me but I thought the rest of the book was wonderful. It made me laugh and cry. Best middle grade book I've read in awhile. 

5. The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen: This is by far the best middle grade series I've read. I loved the characters and the writing. My family was so sad when it ended. This author also lives by which is awesome because we have attended many of her events.  

6. Sky Jumpers by Peggy Eddleman: Another middle grade novel but the girls loved it. 

7. Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay: I loved this rendition of Beauty and the Beast. 

8. A Lady at Willowgrove Hall by Sarah Ladd: I seriously love everything this author has written. Her books get better and better. I can't wait till her next book The Curiosity Keeper which comes out in July. 

9. The Maid at Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen: My favorite book from this author. I re-read it all the time. I wish they would make a movie!!!

10. Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson: Another book I wish they would make a movie of and they author lives close by too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment