Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Things I am Thankful for
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish
1. I am grateful I was taught how to read. I can't imagine not being able to read.
2. I am so thankful for my Kindle: I wish I could've owned one when I was a teenager. Although my minimum wage job back then wouldn't of been able to pay for my reading habit.
3. Authors. I love to read but I hate writing so I am so grateful for people that love to write and share. I love curling up on the coach and just getting lost in someone else's world. Love it. So thanks to all the authors out their willing to take a risk and show people what you got.
4. Used Book stores: I save so much money going to local used book stores especially on kids classics for my daughters.
5. Translators. Thank you, Thank you for working so hard so that I can read books from around the world.
1. I am grateful for diligent editors, who take the time to edit the books we all love. (and I am even grateful for the little mistakes I find in books, let's admit that they are fun too find)
2. I am thankful for a Grandmother who showed me that reading could be a wonderful past time..she did this by reading, a mountain of books in a week's time. I can still picture her, on her couch, with a book resting on her lap, with her reading glasses perched on the tip of her nose.
3. Imagination. Without it, we wouldn't have places to go, like Middle Earth, or Narnia, or even the coasts of Cornwall.
4. I am thankful for books that have changed me in some small way, like The Help, or The Hiding Place, Number the Stars, Night, or even Jane Eyre.
5. I am thankful for stand alone novels. I love a good trilogy (or series), but there is something beautiful about finishing a book, and knowing the story is resolved, for good without having to wait a year or longer for THE END