Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 
Books we resolve to finish in 2016
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish



 Jeni's Picks: I'm horrible about finishing series. So my resolution is to finish what I started. 
1. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I absolutely loved Shadow and Bone and had planned on finishing the series but I keep putting it off. 

2. The Pledge Trilogy by Kimberly Derting: Another series that I just read the first book of. I'm pretty sure I'll have to read the first book again because its been four years. 

3. Firelight Trilogy by Sophie Jordan. I read books one and two. I don't know why I haven't read the third one yet. 

4. Throne of Glass Quartet by Sarah J. Maas: I really didn't like the first book in this series. But my friends all loved it and beg me to give it another chance.

5. Birthmarked Trilogy by Caragh M. O'Brien: I loved the first two books. I think the reason I didn't finish this series is because of the fear of hating the last book. But I am determined to give it a go this year. 

6. The Forbidden Sea Duet by Sheila A. Nielson: I really need to read the sequel The Shadow Sea. 

7. The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson: Kiss of Deception was one of my favorite reads last year. I bought the second book but I'm waiting to read it so I can read all three one after the other:) 

8. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: Another series that is ending this year. I still need to read book three but I'm again waiting for the last book to come out. 


9. Paranormalcy Trilogy by Kiersten White: I've read the first two but forgot to read the last one. Hopefully it isn't a horrible ending. 

10. Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth: I haven't read the final book because someone accidentally mentioned what happened. So I've put off reading it. But I'm promising to finish it this year. 

Emily Picks

Considering I keep adding to my TO READ LIST...

1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

2. Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton. For someone who wears their emotions on their sleeve, I hope this book will be a good read.

3. Teasing Secrets from The Dead by Emily Craig.  I love reading crime books, history books etc, so this is next on my list.

4. Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop.  This series is like a slow burn.  I enjoyed the first book and am taking my time with the second. 

5. Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

6. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill.  I started this book clear back in March.  It's waiting to be finished.

7. All The Light We Cannot See by Antony Doerr.  I have had this book waiting for a while.  I guess it's about time to take a crack at it.

8. Cinder by Marissa Meyer.  This book scares me just a little.  I have an aversion to anything Sci-fi, and this is Sci-fi and a fairy tale retelling.  Does it actually work?  Remains to be seen.  I'll give it a shot this year.

9. Reboot by Amy Tintera.  This is another book I started a while back  but didn't finish. 

10. The Moon Dwellers by David Estes.  I figure I liked the Hunger Games and the Maze Runner, and every other book like those in between, so I would give this book a go.

5 comments:

  1. I'm also usually pretty bad at finishing series, especially if I'm waiting for the others to come out. I'll read the first book and LOVE IT and then forget about it by the time the next one has released, and then when I remember I have to catch up on all the others and feel behind.

    That's what happened with me and the Lunar Chronicles! Thankfully I have all the books now and am currently reading through "Scarlet". What a great resolution, though, finish those darn series!

    Good luck and a Happy Bookish New Year to you! Auggie's TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to start some new series this year. I'll have to look into those ^ :D
    Good Luck!

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of new suggestions for series - thanks! I'm sure one of my resolutions for next year will be to finish more series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to start the Grisha Trilogy this year! I absolutely love the Raven Boys, and I seriously do not want it to end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you manage to finish all these series this year!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete