Top Ten Tuesday:
Books we resolve to finish in 2016
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish
Jeni's Picks: I'm horrible about finishing series. So my resolution is to finish what I started.
1. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I absolutely loved Shadow and Bone and had planned on finishing the series but I keep putting it off.
2. The Pledge Trilogy by Kimberly Derting: Another series that I just read the first book of. I'm pretty sure I'll have to read the first book again because its been four years.
3. Firelight Trilogy by Sophie Jordan. I read books one and two. I don't know why I haven't read the third one yet.
4. Throne of Glass Quartet by Sarah J. Maas: I really didn't like the first book in this series. But my friends all loved it and beg me to give it another chance.
5. Birthmarked Trilogy by Caragh M. O'Brien: I loved the first two books. I think the reason I didn't finish this series is because of the fear of hating the last book. But I am determined to give it a go this year.
6. The Forbidden Sea Duet by Sheila A. Nielson: I really need to read the sequel The Shadow Sea.
7. The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson: Kiss of Deception was one of my favorite reads last year. I bought the second book but I'm waiting to read it so I can read all three one after the other:)
8. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: Another series that is ending this year. I still need to read book three but I'm again waiting for the last book to come out.
9. Paranormalcy Trilogy by Kiersten White: I've read the first two but forgot to read the last one. Hopefully it isn't a horrible ending.
Considering I keep adding to my TO READ LIST...
1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
2. Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton. For someone who wears their emotions on their sleeve, I hope this book will be a good read.
3. Teasing Secrets from The Dead by Emily Craig. I love reading crime books, history books etc, so this is next on my list.
4. Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop. This series is like a slow burn. I enjoyed the first book and am taking my time with the second.
5. Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
6. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill. I started this book clear back in March. It's waiting to be finished.
7. All The Light We Cannot See by Antony Doerr. I have had this book waiting for a while. I guess it's about time to take a crack at it.
8. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This book scares me just a little. I have an aversion to anything Sci-fi, and this is Sci-fi and a fairy tale retelling. Does it actually work? Remains to be seen. I'll give it a shot this year.
9. Reboot by Amy Tintera. This is another book I started a while back but didn't finish.
10. The Moon Dwellers by David Estes. I figure I liked the Hunger Games and the Maze Runner, and every other book like those in between, so I would give this book a go.