Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books 2015
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish

Jeni's Picks:
1. A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley:
 I loved this book. I actually love all her books. But this is definitely my new favorite.

2. Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson: 
Great read. I recommend it to all my friends that like fantasy. 

3. Breathing Room by Marsha Hayles:
 A middle grade book but a good one. This book is about a little girl that has tuberculosis. It was sad/happy read. 

4. Written in Red by Anne Bishop: I love urban fantasy novels and I can't believe I hadn't read this yet. I read all three books in a week and then suffered withdrawals. The next book doesn't come out till March which seems like forever away. Big Bummer. 

5. Winter by Marissa Meyer: Love, Love, Love this series. What a great way to end it. Another book where I suffered withdrawals after. I might just have to reread the whole series during Christmas break.


6. After You by Jojo Moyes: I was surprised to see all the negative reviews of this book. I sat down and read it in 4 hours and then sat there for another hour wishing I would've savored it a bit longer. I really liked what she did with all the characters. Her whole family was a riot to read about. The only negative was I wanted more. 

7. Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson:
Okay, so I've read this before but it is a life saver. Anytime I'm having a reading slump I reread this book. I read it three times this year. I have a couple of books that are my fall backs. This is usually my number one choice. Drops of Gold by Sarah M. Eden or The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen are my runner ups. Do you have a book that helps you out of a reading slump?

8. Rump by Liesl Shurtliff: 
Another middle grade novel. A nice twist on Rumpelstiltskin. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Her book Jack: the true story of Jack and the Beanstalk is fun too. 

9. The Curiosity Keeper by Sarah E. Ladd:
I've enjoyed all Sarah Ladd's books. They get better with each new release. I'm looking forward to her next book Dawn at Emberwilde which comes out in May.  

10. Blood Song by Anthony Ryan:
My dad recommended this one. I read it slowly because there was a ton of information to remember. I need to read the next two books. 



2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books but great list. I really need to read Me Before You, so I can read After You. I've heard a lot of good things about them! :D

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter was such a perfect way to end the Lunar Chronicles! I absolutely adored it.

    For some reason, Iʻve been putting off reading After You. I loved Me Before You and I was so excited for the second book, but I just havenʻt gotten around to picking it up yet. Itʻs definitely on my TBR for 2016. I havenʻt even looked at reviews yet and now Iʻm definitely going to avoid them until Iʻm done reading the book. Hopefully Iʻll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete