Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten New-To-Us Favorite Authors We Read For The First Time in 2015
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish

1. Anne Bishop: The Others Series. I loved this series. The world building was amazing. When I was reading, it really felt like I was watching a mini series in my head. 

2. Marie Lu: Legend Series. My niece couldn't believe I haven't read this series yet. She begged me to go home and read them. I finished the first one the other day. I liked it and I'll probably finish the series but I felt like the ending was a lot like the book Divergent. Both books came out in 2011. 

3. Maureen Johnson: Shades of London Series. Another book released in 2011. That must of been a good year for books because many of the books I've been rereading this year are from 2011. I was going on a trip to London this year so I thought it was time to read this book. It took me awhile to get into it. The girl Rory drove me crazy for the first half of the book. It was just creepy enough to keep me entertained. 

4. Erin Morgenstern: The Night Circus. Another book published in, you guessed it, 2011. Why I didn't read this four years ago beats me. A friend recommended it and for some reason I was never in the mood to read it. It was definitely different. For me it was extremely slow moving. I enjoyed the story I just wanted a faster pace. 

5. Anthony Ryan: Blood Song. Published 2011, crazy. My dad recommended this one to me. I'm not a huge fan of fantasy but my dad gets me to read some. This book was compelling with a fast paced plot. If you like Rothfuss this book would be a great book for you. 

6. Marsha Hayle: Breathing Room. Amazing middle grade book set in early 1940's about a young girl that is has tuberculosis and goes to recover in a Sanatorium. My daughter and I loved this book. 

7. Emery Lord: Open Road Summer. Another book my niece recommended. A fun peek at life bake stage on tour with a music star. 

8. Liesl Shurtliff: Rump. This is a marvelous middle grade book about the true story of Rumpelstiltskin. Lots of fun. My kids love it. Her next book Jack: the true story of Jack and the Bean Stalk is fun too. 

9. Mary E. Pearson: The Kiss of Deception. I bought this book and it sat on my shelf for a year. Honestly I was nervous to read it after all the rave reviews. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.

10. J.D. Horn: The Line (Witching Savannah). I don't remember very much about this book, which is sad. I read it in January. I remember being entertained enough I finished it but I didn't want to continue the series. 


1 comment: