Top Ten Tuesday
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish
― Maureen Johson, The Name of the Star.
2. "You only have to change the value of one variable to affect the outcome of the whole equation.”― Susanna Kearsley, A Desperate Fortune
― Melina Marchetta, Saving Francesca
―Liesl Shurtliff, Rump
― Dan Wells, Mr. Monster
6. “Memories are precious ... they help tell us who we are.”
― Katherine Applegate: The One and Only Ivan
7. “Somehow, even in the worst of times, the tiniest fragments of good survive. It was the grip in which one held those fragments that counted.”― Melina Marchetta, Finnikin of the Rock
8. " A person can be educated and still be stupid, and a wise man can have no education at all."
_ Jennifer A. Nielsen, The False Prince
9. "It can take years to mold a dream. It takes only a fraction of a second for it to be shattered."
_ Mary E. Pearson, The Kiss of Deception
10. "Happiness depends on being free, and freedom depends on being courageous."
_ Mary Rutkoski, The Winner's Curse
“It is a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up.” J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
“It's a beautiful heart, not a perfect body, that leads to a beautiful life.” Stephanie Nielson Heaven is Here
“Culture, when it comes to food, is of course a fancy word for your mom.”
― Michael Pollan In Defense of Food
“No two people ever view the world from exactly the same perspective, understand things the same way, human or not. The best we can ever do is try.”
― Debra Driza Mila 2.0
“Other people's houses were always fascinating. As soon as you went through the door for the first time, you got the feel of the atmosphere, and so discovered something about the personalities of the people who lived there.”
― Rosamunde Pilcher Coming Home