Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Grateful

Top Ten Tuesday
Authors We are Grateful For
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish


Jeni's Picks; 
1. Julieanne Donaldson: I love her book Edenbrooke. It is my go to book if I'm in a reading slump.  Her novelette Heir to Edenbrooke is available to buy. My only complaint was that it was to short. I'm looking forward to her next novel. Hopefully it isn't to far off. 

2. Jennifer A. Nielsen: She is an amazing middle grade author. I love reading her books to my children. We have laughed and cried while reading her books. My daughter even stood up once and shouted "NO, she did not just do that." She is fantastic to meet in person too. My girls just love listening to her speak. Her books will always be an automatic buy for my family. 

3. Richard Paul Evans: His Michael Vey series got my daughter to read and to actually enjoy it. I will always be grateful to him for that. When she meet him in person the first time she could barely speak she was so star struck. He gave her all kind of goodies. I know she will remember that experience for the rest of her life. 

4. Mary Higgins Clark: My grandma introduced me to Mrs. Clark's books in high school. I was immediately hooked.  I loved trying to figure out who her villains were. 

5. Anne Bishop: Her Other's series was what I needed this month. I felt like I was reading a TV drama. I absolutely loved it. I've been so busy that I haven't been reading as much as I usually do. But with her books even just a couple chapters a night were entertaining enough. I thoroughly enjoyed the first three books. I just wish the 4th one was coming out like tomorrow and not until March:(

Emily's Picks

1. Terry Brooks: he introduced me to the world of fantasy.  I love delving into a new world and discovering the imagination of another being.  It's the best kind of adventure.

2. Robin McKinley.  She is one of my favorite authors, and who doesn't love the land of Damar and her strong female leads? 

3. Rosamunde Pilcher.  She introduced me to love stories that have a splash of romance.  I love her stories, they let me in to see the beauties and sometimes the realities of life.  Plus I get to romp in England through her eyes, what could be better?

4. Michal Pollan.  He has taught me to be mindful of the world around me, and to think about what I eat.  I will forever recommend his books. He started me on my journey to discovering my self, which is odd, because it's all about food.  But I am more mindful about my self now.

5. J.K. Rowlings, who taught all of us that there is magic in this world.  More than that, she taught us that there are stronger things to hold on too, like friendship, and loyalty, and standing for what you believe in even when others may falter.

1 comment:

  1. You can't go wrong with Rowling, Brooks, and Nielsen!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete