Ten Book Related Problems I Have
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish
1. Not finishing series: Sometimes its because the sequels aren't out yet or it might be because I like where the first book ended. But mostly it's because I'm not interested in reading anymore about the characters. If I didn't love it, I'm not going to keep reading it just to finish the series.
2. Reading too many books at the same time: I read 4 books a month for the book clubs I host for my kids plus the books I want to read. It can be a bit confusing at times but kind of fun too. I always have at least 5 books and my kindle by my bedside at night.
3. Buying books: My husband doesn't mind to much but I might need to convert a bedroom into a library one day. I also love going to book sales. The library and Scholastic book sales are some of my favorites. Its a good thing they are only twice a year.
4. Bending a corner of the page for a bookmark: My dad is the one that taught me this bad habit. I loved reading a book he had read before me because I could see all the pages he stopped on. He also makes a thumbnail imprint on the paragraph he ended on.
5. Loaning out my books: I love sharing books but I found if I don't keep track of who has what, books went missing. Now, I have a book journal that people write which books they take and mark it off when they bring it back. I usually have about 35-50 books out at a time.
6. Not reading all the books I buy: This is probably my worst habit. I'll find a good deal or a book I know is on my TBR list and I'll pick it up but it just sits on my shelf.
8. Packing to many books when I go on vacation: I just never know what I'll be in the mood for so I usually pack at least 10 books plus my kindle.
9. Adding to my TBR list: Any book lover is going to do this. I wish there was enough time to read them all. It's sad knowing I never will. My TBR list is at 952 on goodreads. I only read about 100-120 books a year so it would take over 9 years to catch up:(
10. Reading the ending: If I'm worried I might not like the ending of a book I will read it. I think all of my sisters do this.
1. Too many books, oh so little time.
2. Getting mad with editing errors. ERG!
3. I can't stand sappy characters
4. Reading the last page of a book to see how the story ends.
5. Finding space for my books, I don't have enough room!