Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday New Authors


     Top Ten Tuesday: 
Top Ten New-to-me-authors I read in 2014

brought to you by: the broke and the bookish

Jeni's Picks:
1. Katherine Hannigan author of Ida B: I host a book club for girls 8-12 and this was one of my favorite reads this year. I love hearing back from the girls how much they love a book and not one of the 20 girls disliked this book. Many of them finished it in less than a week. 

2. Cinda Williams Chima author of The Demon King: This book has been on my TBR list for awhile and I finally decided to read it. I loved it and now I am on to the second book. I'm not a huge fantasy lover so that might be why I was reluctant to read it. 

3. Stacey Jay author of Of Beast and Beauty:  I love the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast. This retelling was fantastic. I couldn't put it down. Elizabeth Blackwell author of While Beauty Slept: I had the hardest time getting into the book and liking the characters. 

4. Carrie Turanksy author of The Governess of Highland Hall: I love historical fiction and I enjoyed this book. I think Amazon recommended it to me after reading a Sara Ladd book. 

5. Robin Hobb author of Assassin's Apprentice: My dad is a huge lover of fantasy and has been begging me to read Robin Hobbs Farseer Trilogy for some time. He even leant me the whole series. 




Emily's Picks:

1. Zoe Marriott, author of The Swan Kingdom

2. Claire Legrand author of Winterspell 

3. Victoria Laurie author of When

4.Erica Crouch  author of Madly, Deeply


5. Stephanie Oakes The Sacred Lies Of Minnow Bly

1 comment: