Top Ten Books I read in 2014
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish
1.The Shadow Throne by Jennifer Nielson: Great ending to the trilogy. I am looking forward to starting her new series next year.
2. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: I know I took forever to read this. I really don't know why. I really enjoyed Lament and The Raven boys but still this book sat on my shelf for a good 3 years. Now I can't wait until the movie comes out next year.
3. Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay: Another book that sat on my shelf for awhile not as long as The Scorpio Races though. I love fairytale retelling and this one was just so different. I can't wait to reread it.
4. I am not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells: I used to love reading Dean Koontz when I was 16 but I haven't really read any other horror stories since then. This book was interesting and scary. Don't read it in the dark.
5. Me Before You by JoJo Moyes: Loved this book. One that makes you keep thinking even after you put it down. Can't wait to see the movies.
6. Becoming Lady Lockwood by Jennifer Moore I picked this book up at Random while shopping for something else. It kind of reminded me of Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson but
7. The Clockwork Three by Matthew Kirby: My girls and I loved this book. We recommend it all the time. We just wish he would write a sequel.
8. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead: I had so many people tell me to read this that I finally read it with my girls. Very fast read and we loved it. Now I'm begging people to read it.
9. A Lady at Willowgrove Hall by Sarah E. Ladd: Best of the three books she has written so far.
10. Hood by Stephen Lawhead: I loved this retelling of Robin Hood. Started off slow but the ending was worth the read.