Tuesday, April 29, 2014

  Top Ten Tuesday: You Like X tv show/movie/comic etc. (basically any sort of other entertainment)
  brought to you by the broke and the bookish

 Jeni's Picks:
1. If you like The Bachelor you should readThe Selection by Kiera Cass: They are basically the same thing right. Just the bachelor happens to be a prince in the book. I don't watch the TV show but I enjoyed reading The Selection. 

2.If you like The Lord of the Flies (book/movie) you should readThe Maze Runner by James Dashner: I Loved the book The LOrd of the Flies when I was a kid. The movie was alright. The Maze runner was an amazing book and reminded me of the Lord of the Flies. They are both dystopians books with boys that try to govern themselves. 

3.If you like Once upon a time (TV) you should read Enchanted by Althea Kontiss: I love fairy tales. The TV show is fun to watch and is a collaboration of a bunch of different fairy tales. The book Enchanted is also about different fairy tales. It was a little confusing at times but still and enjoyable read.

4. If you like Murder She Wrote (TV) you should read Lemon Tart by Josi Kilpack: Murder She Wrote is an older TV show about an older woman that is a mystery writer/detective. Lemon Tart is a book about a widowed woman that enjoys cooking and becomes an amateur detective. 

5. If you liked Medium (TV) you should read Loose Ends (A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal mystery) by Terri Ried: Medium is one of my all time favorite TV shows although I try to forget the last episode. It was awful. Loose ends is about a women that has a near death experience that leaves her with the gift of being able to communicate with ghosts. I really enjoyed the first 6 books in the series but lost interest after that. 


Emily's Picks:

1. If you watch the show  Grimm, I think you would enjoy the book Soulless by Gail Carriger.  It's lighter in humor, but it still has vampires, werewolves, and mystery.

2. If you like darker stuff, and you love the show Supernatural, I would recommend Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendra Blake.

3. While you Were Sleeping is a favorite movie of mine, so if you enjoy romance, I would recommend Sleeping Tiger by Rosamunde Pilcher.

4. House is one of those shows I loved when I first started watching, and then stopped. But if you were a fan, you should try Harvest by Tess Gerritsen

5. I love watching food documentaries, call me crazy.  I love learning about the food I eat, and learning about what I put in my body.  So, if you ever watched Food Inc, or Fork over Knives, or Supersize Me, I would recommend reading In Defense of Food or The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan.  Both have by far, been the best written books on our food system I have read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment