Top Ten Tuesday: Characters Who X (you fill in the blank -- examples: piss me off, are the popular kids, are bookish, would be my bff, that stole my heart, etc.
brought to you by the broke and the bookish
Characters that made me laugh
1. Lula from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich: This character had me laughing out loud so many times. I think my husband thought I was a little crazy at times. I laughed so hard I would cry.
2. Sage from The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen: This isn't really a comedy but Sage is so sarcastic I loved it. Best book to read out loud.
Characters I wish were my BFF
3. Carlotta Wren from the Body Movers series by Stephanie Bond: I loved this series and Carlotta would be an awesome BFF.
Characters that stole my heart and made me cry
4. Will Traynor from Me Before You by JoJo Moyes: One of my best reads last year. I guessed the ending and the whole time I was reading I kept wishing it would end different. I am a nurse and have taken care of quads. I get his decision but it was still hard to read.
5. Katelyn Richards from Wishing For Someday Soon by Tiffany King: Reading this book broke my heart. I knew a girl in high school that had an abusive mother. It was crazy to think that everybody doesn't have a mom like mine.
I picked Characters I had emotional responses too. In no patircular order:
1. Bella Swan, frustration.. She drove me up the wall. Mainly in the second book. I wanted to shake her the entire book.
2. Flora Waring from Under Gemini by Rosamunde Pilcher for a light laugh. There is scene in this book that made me laugh out loud. Plus, I'm a twin, and it was interesting to read about two people so different but who were so much a like. And it has romance, which I love, Ms. Pilcher is great at sweet romances.
3. Luthe from the Hero and the Crown. One, because he is a tragic love story in the best way, and two he is interesting, and three it's a good love triangle, it makes sense. And I fell in love a little while reading about him. So, props for a first book crush.
4. Myfanwy Thomas from the Rook. for being the worst character ever written. In fact that whole book should be left on the shelf. That whole book was on contradiction after another. Could not stand it. if you can't tell.
5. Mr. Fitzwillam Darcy. For the being the best written romantic lead in the history of romance. Of course I am right. Although, the movie with Collin Firth helps this immensely.