Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read In 2013

brought to you by the broke and the bookish
Jeni's Picks: Wow this is hard to narrow down…I will try my best. 
1. Blackmore by Julianne Donaldson: While I didn't like this book as much as her debut Edenbrooke, I did enjoy it. I hope this author well keep creating more stories.
2. Drops of Gold by Sarah M. Eden. This is by far my favorite book from this author. I read it 3 times this year. Her next book comes out at the beginning of January. I will probably do a little dance when it comes in the mail.
3. Once a Witch and Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough: My sister Emily recommended this duet to me. I love books about witches and these two books are perfect for a weekend read. The ending didn't disappoint and I even better I didn't have to wait three years for it to end. 
4. The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen: This book was amazing. Such a great sequel to The False Prince. I can't wait until the third and final book in the trilogy is released. February seems so far away.
5. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley: This was another recommendation from my sister Emily. She has been begging me to read this for awhile now. I read it out loud to my girls and they loved it too. It helps that the main character is around their age. 
 
 
 
Emily's Picks
 
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth. This one took me by surprise, and I like being surprised.  I need to finish this series, and have them waiting for me.
 
2. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard I liked this book, it was interesting, it had non-scary zombies, and I liked the characters. And it was something I could let my 13 year old read.
 
3. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman this book was something I would have never read on my own.  It is not a book I would pick up and think oh, I'm going to love this one!  But I thought the story was thoughtful, and invoking, and it meant something.
 
4. Enclave by Ann Aguirre I liked this book, it was interesting.  I liked the ending, and honestly, I thought it could end right where it did.  I had no interest in furthering the story, but I liked it.
 
5. Unenchanted by Chanda Hahn this was a book I got on Amazon, and I actually liked it. I bought the whole series.  It was cute, unique, and funny, plus my 13 year old loved it.  So, that's a plus. 

1 comment:

  1. Blackmoore made my list today too! I liked it even better than Edenbrooke but I know most people love Edenbrooke best. :) I really need to read The False Prince series sometime. I hear such good things about it.

    Happy reading in 2014!

    ReplyDelete