Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Our Winter To be Read List




brought to you by the broke and the bookish


Emily's List.

1. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard this book has been on my tbr list on goodreads for a while, and I needed to review a new book series for my daughter to read. I have this on my kindle, and so far, it looks promising.

2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. So, I sort of bought this book a couple of months ago, and then promptly forgot about it. It happens when you have a long list of tbr's. Shrug. It's on my winter list. 

3. Insurgent by Veronica Roth. So, there was this book series everyone read, and someone was avoiding...oh that would be me. I read the first book, wasn't sure until half way into the first book if it was even something I would enjoy..so, I am starting over, because I tend to forget things. But I will happily do so before diving into this series for REAL. 

4. A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia De Luce #3) by Alan Bradley. Who doesn't love Flavia? I have to read the rest of this series. It's coming, it is. Like poison running through my veins..slowly but surely.

5. Of Triton by Anna Banks. So, I am not usually a mermaid type of gal. I tried and didn't love it. But then there was this book called Of Poseidon, and I thought, maybe I do like some mermaid books when they aren't silly. 

Jeni's
1. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley: I'm reading this to my girls and so far we have enjoyed it. 
2. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card: I haven't read this series yet but everyone tells me it is really good. So I figured it would be a fun winter read. 
3. Hood by Stephen R Lawhead: I've loved his others series and this one is a Robin Hood retelling. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it. 
4. Boundless by Cynthia Hand: I have been meaning to read this book forever. I even started it awhile back but just wasn't in the mood. My goal is to finish by the end of the year. 
5. Friends and Foes by Sarah M. Eden:  I read this book every year around Christmas time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment