Monday, November 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Things I am Thankful for

brought to you by: the broke and the bookish



Jeni's Picks:
1. I am grateful I was taught how to read.  I can't imagine not being able to read. 

2. I am so thankful for my Kindle: I wish I could've owned one when I was a teenager. Although my minimum wage job back then wouldn't of been able to pay for my reading habit.

3. Authors. I love to read but I hate writing so I am so grateful for people that love to write and share. I love curling up on the coach and just getting lost in someone else's world. Love it. So thanks to all the authors out their willing to take a risk and show people what you got.

4. Used Book stores: I save so much money going to local used book stores especially on kids classics for my daughters. 

5.  Translators. Thank you, Thank you for working so hard so that I can read books from around the world. 

Emily's Picks

1. I am grateful for diligent editors, who take the time to edit the books we all love. (and I am even grateful for the little mistakes I find in books, let's admit that they are fun too find)

2. I am thankful for a Grandmother who showed me that reading could be a wonderful past time..she did this by reading, a mountain of books in a week's time. I can still picture her, on her couch, with a book resting on her lap, with her reading glasses perched on the tip of her nose.

3. Imagination. Without it, we wouldn't have places to go, like Middle Earth, or Narnia, or even the coasts of Cornwall.

4. I am thankful for books that have changed me in some small way, like The Help, or The Hiding Place, Number the Stars, Night, or even Jane Eyre.

5. I am thankful for stand alone novels. I love a good trilogy (or series), but there is something beautiful about finishing a book, and knowing the story is resolved, for good without having to wait a year or longer for THE END


4 comments:

  1. Great list this week. I am thankful for being taught to read at such a young age. I can't imagine not reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see some similarities between out lists, and I am super thankful for being able to read. That is something we take for granted, but it's worth so very much.
    Happy reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reminded me of my 98-year-old grandmother. She's always said that as long as she can see well enough to read, she'll be just fine. Well, she can't see well anymore, but she still loves to have people read books to her. She's a life-long book lover and it's always fun to talk books with her. Thanks for reminding me how grateful I am for her :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete