Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best/Worst Series Endings

brought to you by: the broke and the bookish

Jeni's Picks:

Worst Endings
1. Blackveil by Kristen Britain: I was told when I started the Green Rider series that it was just going to be a trilogy and then the author decided on a fourth book and ended it so horribly I threw the book across the room when I was done. Now the fifth book is finally around the corner but I'm not sure I want to pick it up. I don't know if I can survive another cliff hanger.
2. Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris: I loved books 1-8 and I read 9-13 reluctantly just to say I finished the series. The 12th book really disappointed me but I still can't believe who she ended up with in the final book. I just hated it. Worst series ender for me. 
3. Reached by Allie Condie: I really loved Matched and Crossed was good but I just didn't like where this series went. The end was a huge disappoint for me. 
Best Endings
4. Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull: I didn't love the whole series of Fablehaven but the 5th book was my favorite. 
5.  The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan: I had a hard time choosing Best Endings. I didn't realize how many series I've read where I hate the ending. Percy Jackson was the first middle grade book series that I read as an adult and I loved them all.  

Emily's Picks

Worst Endings

1.Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins. I liked who Katniss ended up with, I am a Peeta fan, but I felt like the whole book was a disappointment after the excitement of the games and Katniss, where was she?  I felt dissatisfied with the entire thing. Catching Fire was a huge let down. Hunger Games was by far the best book in the series.

2. Everneath by Brodi Ashton. Okay, so this isn't the series ending, but I hated the ending on the first book, and I am not sure I will read the rest of this series.  I HATE CLIFF HANGERS.

3. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray. I wasn't a huge fan of the first book, but I trudged on through the series.  It wasn't a great series, and the ending was..ehh.

BEST ENDINGS

4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowlings. I actually didn't like this book until I watched the movie, and although I wasn't always in agreement with movies the last movie clarified things for me. I loved this series from the moment I read the first line in the first book.  So, this one has to be one of the best children series in the world, behind CS Lewis, of course.

5. Always A Witch by Carolyn MacCullough. One, this series is only two books long. Two, who doesn't love a heroine you can look up too? I liked this series and would re-read it again. Plus, it is a YA book I can recommend to my daughter, who is 13, and not worry about what she is reading.

2 comments:

  1. Good list, I loved The Last Olympian as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had The Sweet Far Thing on my worst list. By the time I got there I wanted to be done with the series. I think it went on too long.

    ReplyDelete