Tuesday, January 27, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Ten Books I'd Love to Read With My Book Club/If I Had A Book Club 


brought to you by: the broke and the bookish
Jeni's Picks: I actually host 3 book clubs for girls 7-13 years old. 

1. The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate: I've heard this is a great book for 3rd graders. It looks darling. 

2. Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee: Maybe for the 10 and up club. A modern day fairytale set in a  museum. 

3. Mark of a Thief by Jennifer A. Nielsen I actually just bought this at the school book fair yesterday. It doesn't come out till Feb 24th. We loved her books The False Prince, The Runaway King and The Shadow Throne. Mark of a Thief is a start to a new series set in Rome. I'm thinking this will be February's Book Club read. 

4. The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinely: I loved this book as a teen and I'm hoping to read it one day with the 12 and up group. 

5. The Forgotten Sisters (Princess Academy #3) by Shannon Hale: We can't wait to read this book. She is coming to a book signing at the beginning of February!!!!

6. Hook's Revenge by Heidi Schultz: We actually went to a book signing that she was at. We hadn't heard of the book before but all the girls want to read it now. 

7. Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin: This has been on my TBR list forever. 

8. Bomb by Steve Sheinkin: We try to read one non-fiction book a year and I've heard great things about this book. 

9. Half Upon a Time by James Riley: Fairy tales. 

10. The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm : I've heard this book is fantastic. It deals with family relationships and middle school. So maybe for the 12 and over book club. 


Emily's Picks. my daughter and I compare books all the time, so it's almost like a book club...a two person club. She is almost 15, so it would be a YA club

1.What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang 
2. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
3. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza 
4.The Jewel by Amy Ewing 
5. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

2 comments:

  1. I love that you included some of your daughters picks!! Great List

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's cool that you can read with your daughter. :) I've never been in a book club, but it sounds like it could be fun.

    So I accidentally posted next week's topic, but I'd love it if you'd still check it out anyway. :)

    Thanks for sharing. here's mine

    ReplyDelete