Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie Week
Favorite Fairytale Retellings
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish

Jeni's picks:

1. Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George: This is my favorite retelling of the 12 Dancing Princesses. 
2. Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay: A retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I owned this book for awhile before I finally read it and wish I would've picked it up earlier. I really enjoyed all the twist she added to the tale. 
3. The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson: Snow White is one of my least favorite fairy tales but I love Melanie Dickerson so I gave this book a chance. I loved how she changed the story especially the twist with the seven dwarfs. 
4. The Merchants Daughter by Melanie Dickerson: Another retelling of Beauty and the Beast. This is the first book that I read from Melanie Dickerson and I loved it. 
5. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale: I absolutely love this retelling of The Goose Girl.

Emily's Picks

1. Entwined by Heather Dixon. This is a retelling of the 12 Dancing Princesses.  But the princess doesn't have a wear soilder come to rescue her.  She has to do it one her own.  And I liked that.
2. Beauty by Robin Mckinley. This book is amazing, and Robin Mckinley, I think, is it at her best with this book.  She revisted this story, with Rose Daughter, but Beauty is still the better re-telling.
3. Spindle's End by Robin Mckinley, this is Sleeping Beauty with a twist.  It's pretty good.
4. Unenchanted by Chanda Hahn. This was a free book on my kindle.  And you know, free books can be a gamble but I'm glad I went for it.  This is a story about all the fairy tales, woven in.  It's about a girl cursed to finish the tales.  I liked it.
5. Hook by Terry Brooks This is a retelling of Peter Pan, when he is older.  It's based on the movie of the same name.  I liked the book a lot better, as usual.  

No comments:

Post a Comment