Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind
Authors I would DIE to meet
brought to you by the broke and the bookish

Jeni's Picks: 
1. Rosamunde Pilcher: I have been reading her books since I was 14 years old.  Every year I take a month and just reread every book she has written. 
2. Patricia Briggs: Her Mercy Thompson books are my favorite werewolf series out there. 
3. Julie Klassen: I love her books. I wish I could go to one of her book signings but she lives so far away.
4. Kristen Geir: I'm not sure if she ever travels to the states. She is from Germany. I loved her Ruby Red trilogy. I know my niece would love to meet her too. 
5. Rick Riordan: Just to see my daughter meet him. She loves the Percy Jackson series and I know she would just die to meet Riordan. She met Richard Paul Evans, author of the Michael Vey series, and her face was priceless. He even said she looked like his first girlfriend. 

Emily's
(Jeni you thief, you stole one of mine!)
1. Terry Brooks, because I read his first and fell in love with fantasy.
2. Robin Mckinley..because Damar is a land I love. 
3. Rosamunde Pilcher..(ha! Jeni..) Because she made me fall in love with England, and all things British..and because it's MS. Pilcher for goodness sakes! She is the best at lovely romantic books..not romance, romantic writing.(there is a difference)
4. Brandon Sanderson..just so I can tease him again about the size of his book..seriously, 1000 plus pages..does any book need to be that long?? :)
5. Gail Carriger..soulless cracked me up.  So, the author has got to be a cracker her self, right? 
And..last, because I stole one from Jeni..
Michael Pollan, because I would love to ask him a thousand questions. 




1 comment: